Rehabilitation Worker with Visually Impaired People
Closing date: Friday 18 February 2022
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexi time including WFH
Salary: £38,000 to £42,000
We currently have an interesting and rewarding vacancy for an enthusiastic and committed Rehabilitation Officer, within the Sensory Impairment team to provide quality assessment and rehabilitation services to visually impaired people in Merton.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work in the Voluntary Sector. This role will provide rehabilitation services, specialist training and guidance to visually impaired people of all ages and abilities to service users and their families, who live in the Merton borough.
We are looking for a dedicated individual who has:
- a nationally recognised qualification in Rehabilitation Work (Certificate/Diploma in Rehabilitation), ideally supported by field experience
- experience of working in visual impairment services within a Local Authority or voluntary sector setting
- Excellent assessment skills
- Some experience of assessing and teaching mobility, low vision skills and independent life skills such as food preparation to people with significant sight loss and providing orientation communication for the visually impaired
- You will have a grasp of community care legislation and a willingness to work flexibly with other professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
- You will undertake specialist assessments and design, implement, monitor and evaluate rehabilitation plans for visually impaired people.
See full Rehabilitation and Mobility Officer job description. (Opens Word)
MertonVision is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
For further information on the role please contact Kevin Gregory, CEO on 0208 540 5446 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org