This accessibility statement applies to https://visionary.org.uk/. This website is run by Visionary. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Whilst we remain focused on ensuring that anyone can access this website, there are some known limitations.
- Embedded video and audio players can sometimes be difficult to use.
- Older PDF documents are not always accessible.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Visionary is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Issues with documents
- Old PDF documents may not be fully accessible. We are working to ensure those still in use are available in an accessible format.
Images without alternative text
- As this website is new, we’re still in the process of making sure that all photos and images provide appropriate, equivalent alternative text. Most already do.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working hard to improve on any issues and our accessibility compliance is reviewed regularly.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 1st September 2021, and last reviewed on 31st August 2021.
How we tested the website
Alongside our website partners Cyber Media, we selected a sample of pages to test based on average use, volume of traffic and content type. The following pages represent a cross-section of main features used across the site:
- Homepage: https://visionary.org.uk/
- Standard content page: https://visionary.org.uk/about-us/
- Event listing: https://visionary.org.uk/events/
- Event final pages
- Vacancies listing: https://visionary.org.uk/vacancies/
- Vacancies final pages
- Knowledge hub: https://visionary.org.uk/knowledge-hub/
- News listing: https://visionary.org.uk/latest/
- News final pages: https://visionary.org.uk/latest/annual-conference-2021-keynotes/
- Team listing: https://visionary.org.uk/about-us/visionary-team/
- Team member: https://visionary.org.uk/team/amy-pearman/
The site was tested using a combination of automated tools and manual testing.