Our promise to our members
- We will strive to empower our members to provide the best possible services with and for people with visual impairment.
- We will provide professional, expert support, guidance and skills.
- We will be honest and transparent.
- We will engage with members in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
- We will communicate with a unified voice ensuring members receive consistent messages in their preferred format.
- We will ask for and acknowledge feedback.
Why we are here
Visionary is a membership organisation for local sight loss charities. We are a locally led movement of national significance and, by joining Visionary, we believe that the voice of your organisation will be stronger and louder.
Representing members we respect, in a sector we understand, Visionary is a diverse community of organisations of various shapes and sizes across the UK. We are united in our common goal of improving the lives of people with sight loss.
Emma Lucas, Services Manager, My Sight Nottinghamshire
I just wanted to say thank you for all the support Visionary has given to members this year. The workshops, webinars and meetings have been amazing and I've learned such a lot and met some really amazing people
Jacquie Winning, CEO, Forth Valley Sensory Centre
We are a small organisation and having the connectedness into a bigger picture is worth its weight in gold - that’s what Visionary gives us.
The Visionary Offer
We offer members opportunities to Connect, Develop and Share by:
- Supporting your organisation’s growth and development– connecting you to a pool of knowledge and learning through our annual conferences, networking with other organisations, regional special interest groups and regular monthly briefings. We also offer a broad spectrum of peer support forums, which are safe spaces to share your challenges, experiences and ideas with your peers.
- Giving you peace of mind– through support and advice at the end of a phone, in person or via email to our staff who can support you or put you in touch with others who can help
- Saving you time and money– a wealth of resources that are continually being developed to help you in all aspects of your organisation’s work, including fundraising, contracting, corporate relationship support, campaigning co-ordination, governance and communications.
- Opportunities to learn and share – with an extensive and responsive online programme of sessions and events. The programme evolves based on what members tell us they need. We create the opportunity to learn from other members of the Visionary network, external organisations and we encourage members to share their amazing work with others.