Closing date: Wednesday 14 June 2023
Location: Office/home-based with frequent travel across Oxfordshire.
Hours: 35 hours per week Or, Term-time only. Or, part-time options available, to be discussed at interview stage.
Salary: £27-30,000 per annum
The Covid-19 pandemic showed that volunteers are the backbone of our communities, without our volunteers we could not do what we do. We’re looking for someone to join our team to provide support, training, and recruitment of volunteers to ensure our services run smoothly and effectively for blind and partially sighted people. You will love working with people and matching people and have a drive to see people thrive both in their volunteering roles and the support they receive from MyVision.
We provide a range of services across Oxfordshire including:
- Information & Advice
- Equipment Provision
- Technology Training
- Befriending and Counselling
- Clubs, Groups, and Sporting Activities
- Children’s events
- And much more
You can find out more about our work and services at our website: www.MyVision.org.uk
Closing Date: 12noon 14th June 2023
Interview Date: 21st June 2023 at Bradbury Lodge
To recruit, train and support our volunteers. Ensuring our recruitment processes and policies are to a high standard and accessible to all.
- Create a robust volunteer recruitment procedure which is accessible to all
- Create and list volunteer job descriptions for all current opportunities
- Seek out new places to advertise opportunities
- Administer references and DBS checks for relevant volunteers
- Provide induction training for all new volunteers
- Provide ongoing training to existing volunteers, working with other team members depending on roles
- Advertise workshops and webinars that volunteers can attend outside of MyVision Oxfordshire
- Providing on-going support for volunteers
- Provide email bulletins and updates for all volunteers
- Organise and host thank you events, activities, and meet-ups across Oxfordshire
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure all volunteering policies and procedures are kept up-to-date
- Provide risk assessments where applicable
- Develop and maintain an organisation wide volunteer handbook
- Ensure volunteer data is kept up-to-date
- Record all relevant interactions with volunteers on our CRM
- Provide reports for various staff members on volunteering numbers and hours
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Attend relevant training and networking events
- Be an ambassador for MyVision and help us to reach out, grow and continue to support visually impaired people across Oxfordshire
- Other reasonable duties set out by your line manager and Chief Executive
- There may, on occasion, be a need to work outside normal hours e.g., weekends and evenings
This opportunity comes at an exciting time of growth and development for MyVision Oxfordshire as our services develop and grow across the county. Our volunteer opportunities include the following: Befriending, group support, tech buddies (new service), counselling, office admin and fundraising.
Breakdown of duties
This is a rough guide to your duties; flexibility will be required.
|Tasks||% of your time|
|Recording and Reporting||10%|
NOTE: We expect candidates to evidence how they meet the criteria in their covering letter. This can be through work, volunteering, and your personal life.
Essential skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Experience of coordinating and managing volunteers
- Knowledge of the charity sector
- Ability to provide group training
- Strong digital skills including Office 365
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Lived experience of visual impairment or other disabilities
- Experience of working within a disability charity, local or national
- The ability to work under own initiative
- Good communicator
- Creative thinker and problem solving
- A supportive team player
This role requires a strong level of organisation, you will be managing and juggling a case load of volunteers. But the end results will be highly rewarding as you match volunteers with great opportunities and see the direct impact this has on ensuring blind and partially sighted people can live independent and active lives. You will be playing a key part in ensuring our services run smoothy and enabling us to increase our capacity through volunteering.
MyVision is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. You can find our safeguarding policy here – Safeguarding Policy. This role is subject to a DBS check and two references.
Equal Opportunities and Disability
MyVision is an equal opportunities employer and Disability Confident Leader. If you have any concerns about the role or the application process that may relate to your disability or health condition, please do contact us. We are also a Youth Friendly Employer and signed up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment.
Access to Work
Support can be provided through Access to Work if you have a disability or long-term health condition. This can be equipment, travel to work, or travel within work. You can find out more about Access to Work here: Access to Work.
How to apply
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, including two references and a covering letter evidencing how your skills and experiences meet the persons specifications and job role. You may use evidence from work, volunteering, and your personal life. Please use no more than 500 words. You can send your CV and covering letter to recruitment@MyVision.org.uk. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Closing date is: 12noon 14th June 2023