Vision Rehabilitation Specialist (Qualified)
Closing date: Sunday 30 April 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week (full time or part-time (negotiable)
Salary: £34,123 per annum
Interview date: To be confirmed
Due to internal promotion, we have opportunities for enthusiastic Vision Rehabilitation Specialists to join our passionate and professional team. This role has a defined operational area to support service users in and around Greater Manchester, Lancashire & Cumbria.
Opportunities are available for full-time (35 hours) or part-time (negotiable) working.
More details about this role, the Organisation, and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description. For an informal conversation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call our People Services team on 0118 3540 345. Applications from newly qualified Vision Rehabilitation Specialists would be welcome.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
- Qualification as either a Mobility Instructor or Rehabilitation Worker e.g. Dip HE Rehabilitation Work (Visual Impairment) or equivalent.
- In addition, evidence of continued professional development to maintain current knowledge and experience within the field.
- Current valid UK Driving Licence, or ability to demonstrate how to complete the role without.
- Experience of working with people who are blind and partially sighted.
- Proven experience of liaising effectively with other professionals / agencies.
- Qualified teacher of visual impairment (QTVI) with a recognised mobility qualification.
- Training in person-centred approach.
- Experience working with people with complex needs.
- Experience working with volunteers.
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Guide Dogs website: https://guidedogs-career.talent-soft.com/accueil.aspx?LCID=2057