Closing date: Tuesday 28 February 2023
Location: Fetcham, Surrey
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Interview date: TBA
We are looking for a Support Worker/Driver to assist a member of staff in their work. Applicants should be friendly, reliable and confident, have the use of their own car and a clean driving licence. A degree of flexibility is also required for the role, good administration, and an interest in working in a charity environment. The successful applicant will understand the importance of data protection and confidentiality, as the role also involves supporting with personal administration.
At Sight for Surrey we offer a lifetime of support to people who are blind or partially sighted, Deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing. Our mission is to support people to overcome their day-to-day challenges, achieve their potential and lead an independent life. We are a countywide charity based in Fetcham, near Leatherhead. This role is office-based, with frequent in-work travel across the county.
Candidates should possess good communication and office skills, and preferably hold a current Disclosure and Barring Service check (although we can arrange this for you). Mileage to be paid at 45p per mile
For further details of the role please see the job description.
We can offer you:
- A generous annual leave allowance (full time annual leave entitlement is 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays).
- Investment in your development, with training opportunities available.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- We match pension contributions up to 6% using the Pensions Trust.
- We pay for annual flu vaccinations and for an eye test every two years with a contribution towards work related glasses.
- Free tea and coffee whilst working in the office.
- There is currently free parking at our office.
- A growing range of other staff benefits.
- A fun and friendly team!
For an application pack for the above post, please contact Sandra Chenery by email: email@example.com, Tel. 01372 869962. Alternatively you may download the forms and job description from the Sight for Surrey website.
Please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form to Sandra Chenery, email address as above or by post to Sight for Surrey, Rentwood, School Lane, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9JX.
Sight for Surrey is an equal opportunities employer and accredited as Disability Confident.