SISS Operations Manager Vision Rehabilitation Services
Closing date: Monday 14 August 2023
Salary: £40,000 per year
The SISS Operations Manager helps people with sight loss to live the life they choose by leading and managing a cross functional operations team of staff and volunteers working with adults, children and young people and their families to provide the consistent delivery of person-centred services in accordance with their needs.
This role will be based on site at our Shrewsbury office, working closely with the team on an office based, home-start arrangement, as some travel will be required within this role. Applications from candidates requiring part time hours will be considered to best suit the needs of the team.
We offer a generous pension scheme, annual leave, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality.
We encourage applications from people with disabilities as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an invitation to interview for all applicants with disabilities who demonstrate, within their application form, sufficient evidence to meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
- Certified Management qualification such as ILM or equivalent relevant work experience in a management, supervisory or volunteer management role.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a professional management, supervisory or teaching / training role related to vulnerable people.
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing a complex operations environment where exceptional, customer-focused service delivery is achieved.
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring safeguarding compliance within a team.
- Knowledge of current legislation, policy and research relating to people with sight loss and/or disability. Up to date with current policies, practice and thinking in the Education and/or Health and Social Care sector.
- A comprehensive knowledge of GDPR.
- Extensive experience and proven ability to work safely with adults, children and young people with developed understanding of both child protection issues and the issues affecting all vulnerable groups.
- Proven experience of planning and delivering person-centred services to meet the needs of adults, CYP with sight loss and their families.
- Conducts themselves in a manner appropriate to a management role.
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Guide Dogs website: https://guidedogs-career.talent-soft.com/job/job-vision-rehabilitation-specialist_774.aspx