Sensory Hub Officer (Sight Loss)
Closing date: Friday 25 August 2023
Location: Hybrid - office in Glasgow.
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Salary: Salary scale: £26,170 to £32,517
Contract: 12 months
Interview date: Week commencing 4 September 2023
Interested in making a difference to the lives of people living with sight loss in Scotland? The ALLIANCE has an opportunity to join the Scottish Sensory Hub.
The Sensory Hub Officer (Sight Loss) forms an integral role within a dynamic team at the ALLIANCE. This post will operate within the strategic aims of the ALLIANCE with an emphasis on the voice of lived experience, co-production and human rights. The post holder will have the ability to develop and strengthen relationships across the Scottish sight loss sector and engage with the wider sensory sector.
If you have:
- Good facilitation skills
- An understanding of the impact of sensory loss on people’s lives, in particular for people living with sight loss and deafblindness
- An understanding of the human rights-based agenda across the spectrum of sensory loss and health and social care policy
- An understanding of the third sector within Scotland
- Experience of managing competing priorities and the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with good awareness of inclusive communication approaches and alternative and augmentative communication
- Ability to produce material and deliver written reports and presentations
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to one’s own initiative.
- IT skills including database management and confidence in using digital media.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
It would be desirable for you to have:
- Research experience
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Fundraising awareness
- Event organising experience
The ALLIANCE recognises that in real life, great people don’t always ‘tick all the boxes’. Even if you don’t meet every point on the job description, if this role and our organisation feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you.
In return you will benefit from:
- 210 hours annual leave (equivalent of 30 days)
- 91 hours public holiday (equivalent of 13 days) that can be taken flexibly
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Open to flexible working (formal and informal)
- Hybrid working – opportunity to work from home for part of the week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Corporate rates for gym membership
- Time of in lieu
- Cycle Scheme
- Carer Positive Employer
The ALLIANCE is a healthy working lives employer and encourages a healthy work life balance and is happy to talk flexible working.
Closing date for applications is 9 am on 25 August 2023
Interviews will be held the week commencing 4 September 2023.
A Scotland where everyone has a strong voice and enjoys their right to live well with dignity and respect.
The ALLIANCE works to improve the wellbeing of people and communities across Scotland. We bring together the expertise of people with lived experience, the third sector, and organisations across health and social care to inform policy, practice and service delivery. Together our voice is stronger and we use it to make meaningful change at the local and national level.
We aim to:
- Ensure disabled people, people with long term conditions and unpaid carers voices, expertise and rights drive policy and sit at the heart of design, delivery and improvement of support and services.
- Support transformational change that works with individual and community assets, helping people to live well, supporting human rights, self management, co-production and independent living.
- Champion and support the third sector as a vital strategic and delivery partner, and foster cross-sector understanding and partnership.
For details on how your applications will be dealt with in line with GDPR please see our privacy notice.
To find out more and apply for this job visit our website.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) website: https://www.alliance-scotland.org.uk