See Work Differently Placement – Volunteer Administrative Assistant
Closing date: Thursday 31 August 2023
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: Real Living Wage
Contract: Placement (12 weeks)
Interview date: Week commencing 11th September
Salary: National living wage
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 weeks (paid work experience)
Hours: 14 hours per week (flexible)
Would you enjoy providing vital administrative support and coordination skills to our volunteer coordinator? Would you like to improve your customer service skills whilst helping those affected by sight loss? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Talk & Support team.
The RNIB is the leading UK’s sight loss charity helping blind and partially sighted people thrive.
RNIB’s Talk & Support service connects over 1200 people a week in small groups for tele-befriending, facilitated by one of our 100 volunteers. These groups offer informal, friendly support, and a safe space to many blind and partially sighted people and offers meaningful social contact and helps to reduce isolation and loneliness.
This role could be your first job or your next move to getting back into work after a break. You will have sound IT skills including experience with MS Office – Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as good attention to detail and solid communication and organisational skills.
The role is part of RNIB’s See Work Differently employment initiative for blind and partially sighted people to secure that first rung on the career ladder or who are returning to work following a career break.
Due to the nature of this placement, we can only accept applications from candidates who are experiencing sight loss.
What we offer:
RNIB prides itself on being a great place to work with a range of flexible benefits and a positive, progressive culture. We offer a competitive salary, a stimulating and supportive working environment, a flexible work life balance environment, as well as a benefits package including:
- 26 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays – pro rata), which increase with service, plus one Grace day per year.
- Excellent pension scheme
- RNIB Rewards – Our employee discounts platform gives you access to offers at over 800 in-store and online retailers
- In-house training and development opportunities, including apprenticeships and management development programmes
- Flexible working arrangements – Each new member of staff will be given a laptop to make working flexibly easy
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply for this great opportunity, please apply online, uploading your CV and cover letter which answers the following questions:
- What interests you about this placement at RNIB?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this placement?
- Can you give an example of a time when you have provided excellent customer service to a customer, what did you do and what difference did you make?
If you are having trouble applying online, would like more information or would like accessible versions of the Job Description, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 0207 391 2111.
We do reserve the right to close this role early in the event of a high number of applications.
The closing date for applications is: 31st August 2023
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 11th September.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the RNIB website: https://ce0082li.webitrent.com/ce0082li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d283267AOTo&WVID=6495086JbM&LANG=USA