Closing date: Friday 13 October 2023
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £11,776.76 - £12,625.95 per year
Kidscene is an after school and holiday club for children from the schools in the surrounding area as well as children from the Royal Blind School who have additional support needs as well as a vision impairment.
You will ensure all the children who attend Kidscene feel included and safe by assisting with day to day activities, you will do this by providing quality play and care within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
We are interested in experienced applicants who can work 20 hours per week or candidates interested in sessional work.
The main responsibilities and accountabilities of this role are:
- To assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment adjusting for children with a vision impairment or additional support needs.
- To provide comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to the club and then to parents or carers at the end of the day.
- Provide snacks and refreshments, ensuring that hygiene and health and safety standards are met, including the wearing of appropriate PPE.
- Assist children with personal care.
- To administer first aid to the children when necessary.
- Involve the children in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, schools and childcare and play related agencies.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Supporting students and volunteers.
- Taking on duties/tasks as delegated by the Kidscene Club Manager
- Have an appropriate SVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification, as per SSSC requirements or willingness to work towards
- Be registered or in a position to register with the SSSC
Applications for this role are by CV. Please click on the Apply Now button where you will be asked to create an account on our recruitment portal and upload your CV. You will also be asked to complete some eligibility questions and provide a supporting statement. Your supporting statement should outline your key skills and experience which make you a suitable candidate, referring to the job description for the role.
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3246376?cid=1974&t=Playworker