Patient Support Officer
Closing date: Monday 17 July 2023
Hours: 12.30 hours per week
Salary: £22386 per year
We are now looking to appoint a Patient Support Officer (Eye Clinic Liaison Officer ECLO) to join our highly successful and caring team, based in Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Altrincham Hospital and Old Trafford. This is a key role providing early intervention to patients with sight loss and or a new diagnosis of sight loss/eye condition. Providing a link from the clinical setting to Henshaws services and the wider support network within the community.
The successful candidate will support people with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to overcome the challenges they face. Henshaws believe in a person-centred approach, with independence and friendship at the heart of what we do to help people find the confidence to go beyond their expectations. As a new member of the team you will receive training and support to develop your sight loss knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver and work to Henshaws values. Join the First Steps Team in delivering this rewarding and powerful service, with our training you’ll go beyond your own expectations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Complete an initial patient assessment and record data on Henshaws CRM, ensuring appropriate data consents are obtained.
- Where appropriate, signpost to Henshaws specialist services and if appropriate partner organisations to ensure integrated and holistic support plans are in place for patients.
- Raise awareness and support health care professionals navigate and complete the certification process (CVI).
- To uphold Henshaws values of Informed, Sharing, Proactive, Inspiring, Compassionate and Empowering.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have and understanding of the needs of a person with a visual impairment and/or other disabilities.
- Posses the ability to provide a comprehensive assessment of need.
- Have some experience of supporting people in an anxious or emotional situation.
- Use excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
Closing Date: Monday 17th July, 9am.
Benefits: Enhanced sick pay, 3 days full pay emergency domestic leave per year, 1 wellbeing day a year, free eye test vouchers, long service awards, access to free of charge independent counselling service, opportunity to buy additional annual leave, flexible work patterns
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Henshaws Society for the Blind website: https://www.henshaws.org.uk/jobs/patient-support-officer-4/