Outreach Teacher (Vision Impairment)
Closing date: Thursday 16 March 2023
Location: Edinburgh, Royal Blind School
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £34,118 - £42,823 FTE per annum
The Outreach Teacher will support the learning and development of children and young people with visual impairment within local authority schools by:
- Supporting and strengthening the skills of local authority colleagues to work with children and young people with visual impairment.
- Assessing their needs and setting learning targets in collaboration with the multi professional team.
- Promoting their emotional health and well-being, including developing self-esteem and providing opportunities to maximise independence.
- Planning, recording and reporting on progress in collaboration with multi professional team and parents and carers.
- Working in partnership with parents and external agencies to ensure their full involvement.
- Developing and differentiating resources.
- Advising on strategies to support children with visual impairment/complex needs to access their curriculum.
- Keeping up to date with all new organisational, local and national initiatives pertinent to the needs of children and young people with Additional Support Needs, Complex Needs and Visual Impairment.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Careers/Sight%20Scotland%20VSP-1974