Nurse within Residential Care
Closing date: Thursday 15 February 2024
Hours: 37h per week
Salary: £30,370 - £32,576 per annum
Please note, applicants are required to have full UK working rights. We do not offer sponsorships.
What’s in it for you?
- 7.4 weeks of annual leave from 1st April 2024
- 3-day working week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount for Carers Scheme
- Benefits Hub including Discount Gym Memberships, Spa deals, Cinema Tickets and MORE
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company Sick Pay
- Continuous Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Paid Time off for Medical Appointments
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Voucher Scheme
As part of the nursing team within a wider multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for the daily care and health assessments of children and young people, who have vision impairment and a wide range of health needs and conditions. Working with the MDT you will be involved in care plan development, implementation and evaluation, ensuring these are person-centred and deliver high standards of care. This role spans both the school and 52-week residential setting, with 24/7 nurse coverage in 12.5-hour shifts, including both day and night shifts.
- A recognized nursing degree from a university or educational institution approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Completion of clinical placements as part of the nursing degree program.
- Practical experience in various healthcare settings to develop hands-on skills.
- Clinical Competence: Proficient in providing direct patient care, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication with patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Empathy and Compassion: Ability to understand and empathize with patients’ needs and provide compassionate care.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to analyse situations, make sound judgments, and solve problems.
- Teamwork: Collaborative approach to working with other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated patient care.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to different clinical environments and respond to changing circumstances.
- Time Management: Efficiently manage time to prioritize tasks and meet patient needs.
- Patient Advocacy: Act as an advocate for patients, ensuring their rights and preferences are respected.
Legal and Ethical Knowledge:
- Understanding of the legal and ethical responsibilities associated with nursing practice.
- Knowledge of the NMC Code, which sets the standards of conduct, performance, and ethics for nurses and midwives.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development through CPD activities to stay updated on best practices and advancements in healthcare.
- Awareness and understanding of cultural diversity to provide inclusive and culturally sensitive care.
Applications for this role are by CV. Please click on the Apply Now button where you will be asked to create an account on our recruitment portal and upload your CV. You will also be asked to complete some eligibility questions and provide a supporting statement. Your supporting statement should outline your key skills and experience which make you a suitable candidate, referring to the job description for the role.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3310215?cid=1974&t=Nurse-within-Residential-Care