Nurse Within Residential Care
Closing date: Thursday 23 November 2023
Location: Edinburgh, Royal Blind School
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,370 - £32,576 per annum
You will be part of a nursing team within a wider multidisciplinary team with responsibility for the delivery of daily care and assessment of health needs, the development of care plans and the implementation and evaluation of these. You will ensure that the delivery of care to our children and young people is of the highest quality.
You will work within both the Residential and School setting (Mon-Fri), working across 52-weeks. Nursing shifts cover a 24/7 period, consisting of 12.5-hour shifts which can be both dayshift and wakened nightshift.
You will be accountable for high nursing standards and practices within the school and provide evidence of this good practice for our inspection bodies – The Care Inspectorate, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education (HMIE), NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (NHS QIS), Social Work Inspection Agency (SWIA) from April 2011.
Main Purpose of the role
- Provide direct nursing care for children and young people attending the Royal Blind School.
- Have responsibility and accountability for maintaining clinical governance.
- To work in partnership with colleagues across care, education and therapies to support children and young people by encouraging choice and participation.
- To adhere at all times to the policies, procedures and values of the organisation and to promote best practice in nursing care.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that current good practice in relation to Child and Adult Protection is followed.
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.