Closing date: Tuesday 26 April 2022
If you are Visually Impaired aged 18-35 years old and want the opportunity to use your lived experiences to support others then we need you!
No previous mentoring experience is required but an openness to listen, learn and use your experiences to provide constructive and positive support to a younger mentee is essential.
What we are looking for in a Mentor:
- Display excellent listening skills.
- Be a positive ambassador.
- Be a confident communicator (verbal and written).
- Be able to commit to communicating with your mentee once a week.
- Be open to sharing your personal experiences.
- Show a willingness to reflect on personal experience and engage in self-development.
- Be willing to learn and take advantage of training and development opportunities.
- Be open to the idea of being mentored.
- Be friendly, approachable and enthusiastic.
For further information and details of how to apply, go to the LOOK UK website.
The LOOK mentor training will take place on 7 and 8 May 2022, please ensure you are available for these dates before applying.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 on Tuesday 26 April 2022.