Learning Support Assistant
Closing date: Thursday 11 May 2023
Location: Edinburgh, Royal Blind School
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £21,526.00-£23,417 per annum
The main responsibilities and accountabilities of this role are that you will:
- Work in collaboration with the multi professional team.
- Provide individual and small group support as instructed by a teacher both within the school and on outings.
- Follow strategies to support children with visual impairment/complex needs to access their curriculum.
- Contribute to team meetings at the end of or start of the day.
- Contribute to all required paperwork in connection with children’s learning and care.
- Promote a safe and caring environment.
- Escort pupils in the locality of the school
- Assist in taking groups of pupils to other parts of the School and also on visits out of School
- Provide a high standard of personal care including washing, toileting and mealtime assistance.
- Lead and take responsibility for the organisation of resources or development of an aspect of the learning and care provision
- Any other duties as reasonably directed by the School Management Team and/or Director of Services
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3101125?cid=1974&t=Learning-Support-Assistant