Closing date: Friday 12 August 2022
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £34,820 - £38,561 per annum
Interview date: w/c 22 August 2022
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, friendly and approachable individual with a genuine interest in leading a team and working with children, young people and adults who have visual impairment. The post holder will also be expected to develop and advance their own clinical practice and that of their team. The post holder should have experience with Infection Protection and Control audits and Policy writing and management.
As part of a multidisciplinary team the successful candidate will have responsibility for assessment of nursing and care needs, the development of nursing care plans and the implementation and evaluation of these, ensuring the delivery of high-quality care to children, young people and young adults. The post holder will line manage both the nursing and therapy teams.
- Qualified with RSCN/Diploma/Degree level nursing
- Current NMC registration, with relevant registration experience
- Experience of managing and leading a nursing team
- Ability to provide clinical leadership and develop staff
- Ability to adapt to change, respond positively to non-routine situations and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills
Experience of working with children who have Visual Impairment and additional support needs is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2768193?cid=1974&t=Lead-Nurse