Closing date: Thursday 06 July 2023
Location: Kidscene, The Royal Blind School, Morningside, Edinburgh
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £21,787 - £23,357 per year FTE
The main responsibilities and accountabilities of this role are:
- To assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment adjusting for children with a vision impairment or additional support needs.
- To provide comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to the club and then to parents or carers at the end of the day.
- Provide snacks and refreshments, ensuring that hygiene and health and safety standards are met.
- Assist children with personal care.
- To administer first aid to the children when necessary.
- Involve the children in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, schools and childcare and play related agencies.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Supporting students and volunteers.
- Taking on duties/tasks as delegated by the Kidscene Club Manager
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3158331?cid=1974&t=Kidscene-Playworker