Facilities and Fleet Administrator
Closing date: Thursday 11 May 2023
Location: Edinburgh, Head Office
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £24,655 to £26,821 per annum
What this job is about
The post holder will assist the Head of Estates and Buildings and Facilities Manager to ensure excellent standards of facilities management. Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our fleet of vehicles. First point of contact in the Facilities Department. You will also act as a Fire Marshall and a nominated First Aider for the building.
What we want you to be responsible and accountable for
- Manage a fleet of vehicles;
- Ensure all company vehicles have an MOT.
- Ensure all company vehicles are serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Book company vehicles into garage for repairs as required.
- Liaise with driver and insurance company in the event of vehicle accidents.
- Keep insurance database up to date with fleet registration numbers.
- Liaise with RAC regarding breakdowns and recovery of vehicles.
- Act as first point of contact in the Facilities Department.
- Be the main point of contact for calls/emails regarding Building and Estate maintenance, liaising with Facilities Manager and Maintenance Supervisor calling appropriate contractors when required.
- Monitor, respond to and update the online Facilities Helpdesk.
- Manage net2 access control system.
- Issue, amend and delete access fobs as required.
- Access and review CCTV when required.
- Manage the reception function at Robertson Avenue for the Sight Scotland / Sight Scotland Veterans Head Office and Scottish Braille Press joint reception.
- Provide reception cover when required.
- Issue purchase orders for supplies and works
- Process invoices coding to appropriate cost centers and expense heads
- Process credit card statements for Estates and Buildings Department
- Manage filing systems for the Estates and Buildings Department.
- Work across all Sight Scotland and Sight Scotland Veterans sites as required.
- Fire Marshall
- Trained first aider
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3051184?cid=1974&t=Facilities-and-Fleet-Administrator-