Eye Care Liaison Officer (ECLO) – Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
Closing date: Sunday 26 February 2023
Location: Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
Hours: 21.36 hours per week
Salary: £16,444 per year (£27,715 full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, part time
Interview date: To be confirmed
RNIB Eye Clinic Support Service want to announce this exciting opportunity to join their North West team as an Eye Care Liaison Officer (ECLO).
In this role, you will be a vital member of the team working directly with children & young people who have sight loss and their families. You will provide critical emotional support, information and advice within the Eye Clinic at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital. You will support children & young people with sight loss and their families by identifying their needs then signpost or refer children & young people, carers and family members to other support services across the UK.
You would need experience of working with people with sight loss or a recent experience of working in a similar role, or other related health/social care role – this is essential.
You will also have good communication and organisation skills, together with being a proficient user of databases and Microsoft Office packages.
What we offer
RNIB Prides itself on being a great place to work with a range of flexible benefits and a positive, progressive culture. We offer a competitive salary, a stimulating and supportive working environment, a flexible work life balance environment, as well as a benefits package including:
- 26 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays – pro rata), which increase with service, plus one Grace day per year.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- RNIB Rewards – Our employee discounts platform gives you access to offers at over 800 in-store and online retailers.
- In-house training and development opportunities, including apprenticeships and management development programmes.
- Flexible working arrangements – Each new member of staff will be given a laptop to make working flexibly easy.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the RNIB website: https://ce0082li.webitrent.com/ce0082li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d2982529TwK&WVID=6495086JbM&LANG=USA