Closing date: Thursday 19 October 2023
Location: Linburn Centre, EH27
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £11,336 (£19,838 FTE) per year
As the welcoming face of Sight Scotland Veterans, you will often be the first contact the veterans have each day, and as such are an important representative for the organisation. The veterans enjoy chatting with the driving team whilst on the vehicles and a welcoming and friendly personality is an asset within the role.
What we want you to be responsible and accountable for
- To be responsible for safely transporting veterans in the minibus or car to and from the Activity Hub or other locations, as required.
- To undertake any driving duties necessary to the functioning of the organisation as agreed with the Deputy Manager.
- To take responsibility for Health & Safety in relation to the minibus or car including ensuring, that all passengers use appropriate seatbelts / restraints during all journeys and that all passengers are assisted in a safe fashion when boarding / exiting the minibus or car.
- Ensure that the minibus or car is driven with due care and attention in accordance with current road traffic legislation.
- Take responsibility for the routine maintenance of the minibus or car, including cleaning the vehicles and ensuring the Deputy is informed as soon as possible of any problems in relation to the vehicles.
- Ensure all wheelchair clamps are present and functioning in the minibus.
- Any other reasonable driving or ancillary duties that may be required.
The current duties of the role require a criminal records check or membership of the PVG scheme through Disclosure Scotland.
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3269984?cid=1974&t=Driver