Community Engagement and Fundraising Officer
Closing date: Sunday 05 November 2023
Location: Based at Splatford Barton, Kennford, Exeter, EX6 7XY but operating across Devon
Hours: 37 hours per week, 9am to 5pm
Salary: £23,000 - £24,950 per year depending on experience
Contract: Full Time
Interview date: Thursday 16 November 2023
Closing date and time mid-night Sunday 05 November 2023
Would you like to be a Community Engagement and Fundraising Officer in a vibrant, exciting team that provides services to anyone whose life has been impacted by sight loss across Devon?
Devon in Sight has been making an impact on those people with sight loss their families and carers since 1925. We are now looking to welcome a confident, passionate and enthusiastic Community Engagement and Fundraising Officer to our expanding team. In this important role, you will engage the local community and businesses to enable us to diversify and expand our funding base.
You will have experience engaging people and businesses in fundraising and community activities, as well as experience writing small grant bids (up to £10,000).
Devon in Sight is expanding its team on the outskirts of Exeter. We want to know; do you have what we are looking for?
- Experience in community and business fundraising
- Proven track record of identifying, researching and preparing small funding applications; including a Will Writing campaign
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures
- Experience of developing, planning and delivering income generating activities both locally and nationally
- A flair for inspiring and motivating people
- A talent for building and nurturing great working relationships
- A strong confident communicator, both verbally and written
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Highly organised with good IT and social media skills
- Team player but ability to self-motivate and encourage others
- A car driver with access to a car.
This post is Head Office-based, but there may be a requirement to travel on occasion around the county of Devon supporting community events.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this vacancy please click on the link below for the application pack.
Please do let us know if you need this information sent to you in a different format. If you have any questions about our vacancy, please do not hesitate to call Tessa Barrett 01392 878 805
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Devon In Sight website: https://devoninsight.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies