Community Advice Officer
Closing date: Friday 01 September 2023
Hours: 21 hours per week (working pattern to be agreed upon appointment) with the potential to work an extra 9 hours per week until March 2024.
Salary: £20,698.86 p.a. pro rata
Interview date: 19th September 2023
Sight Support Hull and East Yorkshire is a well-established charity based in Hull supporting people with visual impairment. We believe no-one in Hull & East Yorkshire should have to face sight loss alone and every visually impaired person can enjoy the same opportunities and quality of life as those who are fully sighted.
An opportunity has arisen for a Community Advice Officer to join our team.
Our Community Advice Service offers visits to people in the comfort of their own homes to offer support and advice, whether the individual is newly diagnosed or an existing service user, who requires assistance. This can include providing advice on benefits and services available for visually impaired people, helping to relieve isolation / loneliness by signposting into Sight Support activities or other organisations who offer relevant support.
It is essential that you have:-
- NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or Counselling or Health and Social Care or can evidence equivalent experience in such fields
- Have experience of researching and providing information
- Ability to manage and organise own caseload
- Are a confident IT user, including databases
- Are able to use initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent organisational and administration skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication Skills
- Are a active listener and have empathy for others
- Have a full driving licence with use of a vehicle (as Sight Support offers this service throughout East Yorkshire, successful applicants should expect to travel to all areas of the county. Mileage is paid at 45p per mile)
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please contact Gill Wright on 01482 342297 or by sending an email to email@example.com for more information or an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to Gill Wright, Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire, 466 Beverley Road, Hull HU5 1NF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. no later than 5.00pm on Friday 1st September 2023
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 19th September. If you haven’t heard by this date, then please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please note, applications received which are not on the official application form will not be considered.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire website: https://www.sightsupport.org/