Promotion of Eye Health in Local Communities – funding opportunity
We are delighted to be collaborating with Specsavers to invite Visionary members to share their work around eye health and prevention by delivering a workshop at the Visionary Annual Conference 2024.
To support development and delivery of the workshop, we are inviting Visionary members to apply for funding for a pilot project which promotes eye health and prevention work within your communities. The project could be development of an existing project or trialling a new idea to increase awareness within your local community. You may already have an idea or a project underway, but if you would like some inspiration, you can read the article “Seescape win Visionary’s Community Impact Award 2023 “- Visionary.
Visionary members can apply for up £1500 to support their work and share their experience with the Visionary network, thanks to funding by Specsavers. Three organisations will be selected to deliver the pilot projects and co-deliver a workshop at the Visionary Annual Conference 2024 to share experiences of developing and delivering this work. One representative from each successful organisation will receive a fully funded place at the Visionary Annual Conference 2024 which includes a two-day conference place, one night accommodation and one place at the annual awards dinner .
Please complete the Eye health and prevention project and workshop online application form by 5pm on Friday 23 February 2024. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 1 March 2024.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
Whilst we would love to offer funding to everyone who applies, this is not possible! Three members will be selected from the entrants based on proposals/existing work and how this will complement each other for the conference workshop. We will create a conference workshop which offers delegates a range of ideas and perspectives for development and delivery of eye health work. Visionary will introduce the three selected organisations to each other to work together and develop the conference workshop.
- We are looking for representation from organisations in Wales, Scotland and England to participate, however this will depend on member submissions.
- Applicants must be Visionary members and be available to deliver a workshop at the Visionary Annual Conference on Wednesday 25 September 2024.
- Projects will be delivered between March – July 2024, with a project summary and workshop plan submitted to Visionary by 10 July 2024.
- A case study is to be submitted as part of the project summary. Visionary will share the project summary and case studies with Specsavers as the project sponsor.
- Therefore, successful organisations are required to ensure that appropriate permissions to be in place.
- Applicants who can demonstrate a collaboration with their local Specsavers store are encouraged to apply. However this is not essential.
We look forward to reading your submission.