Senior Information, Advice & Guidance Advisor
Closing date: Thursday 06 April 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £22,386 per annum / £12.30 per hour
Interview date: TBC
Benefits: Enhanced sick & Maternity pay, 4 days full pay emergency domestic leave per year, free eye test vouchers, long service awards, access to free of charge independent, counselling service, opportunity to buy additional annual leave, flexible work patterns
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
We are now looking to appoint a proactive senior Information, advice and guidance advisor to join our progressive and successful team, based in Old Trafford and Manchester Royal Eye Hospital. As the senior person in the first point of contact team (First Steps) you will lead the way, providing information, advice and guidance, via incoming calls, or via outbound contact campaigns that you will support in the development and delivery of.
The successful candidate will support people with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to overcome the challenges they face. As a new member of the team you will receive training and support to develop your sight loss knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver and work to Henshaws values. Henshaws believe in a person-centred approach, with Independence and friendship at the heart of what we do to help people find the confidence to go beyond their expectations. Join the First Steps Team in delivering this rewarding and powerful service, with our training you’ll go beyond your own expectations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide initial customer needs assessment over the telephone, email, or other digital medium, and will provide impartial information, advice, and guidance to people living with sight loss and their families, and professionals who support people with sight loss.
- You will provide person centered solutions to enable individuals to overcome the emotional, physiological, and practical challenges faced through their sight loss.
- To internally signpost people to Henshaws services, including Henshaws Enablement Team for a more comprehensive personal plan to be developed.
- Work with the Head of first steps to ensure a quality and efficient service provision and stand in for them on occasions and oversea the day to day supervision of the team.
- Lead from the front and set the standard for the team in a proactive manner be that on incoming our outgoing contact campaigns.
- Upholding Henshaws values of Informed, Sharing, Proactive, Inspiring, Compassionate and Empowering.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proactive experience in outbound and inbound contact strategies on the phone
- An ability to explore and maximise service delivery with proven results
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people, from a variety of backgrounds and situations, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of promoting independence and supporting people to achieve their goals.
- Proven experience of supervising a small team and its expected outputs
Closing date: Thursday 6 April – 12noon
To gain a better understanding of the role before applying you can contact Simon Merrills, Head of Frist Steps on 07970637048 .
To gain a full understanding of the role please read the job description and person specification available on-line at www.henshaws.org.uk or contact the HR department on 01423 814510.
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Henshaws is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults. It is a criminal offence for people barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group e.g. vulnerable adults, children or both. An Enhanced DBS with barring and reference checks will be sought from the successful candidate.
Henshaws reserves the right to check social media accounts of all successful applicants. For more information, please contact the HR department on 01423 814510.
Registered Charity No: 221888
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Henshaws Society for the Blind website: https://www.henshaws.org.uk/jobs/