Metro Blind Sport – Chief Executive Officer
Closing date: Wednesday 23 August 2023
Location: combination of home working and office based
Hours: 36h per week
Salary: £45 – 55,000 per Annum
Interview date: TBC
Now in our 50th year, Metro has helped blind and partially sighted people in London become more active through sport and physical activities.
From social sporting events, to producing national and international competitors, Metro fundamentally improves the confidence and quality of life for visually impaired (VI) people.
Chief Executive Officer – full time, £45 – 55,000 salary range
We are recruiting a Chief Executive Officer, to improve our current offering and processes, and guide the charity through its next stage of development. The role will report to the Chair of Trustees.
The successful candidate will ensure Metro remains one of the most respected and successful VI sport and physical activity charities in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who shares our passion for driving sports participation for VI people of all abilities, and is looking for an opportunity to help grow and build the organisation.
The role requires excellent leadership experience combined with strong understanding and knowledge of delivering projects. A proven track record in fundraising is essential. This is a very hands-on role, managing a small team of 2 staff. You will have the confidence to innovate, be a self-starter, and have determination. Strong communication and relationship building skills are critical – to work visibly with members and increase our membership base.
In particular we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Strategic awareness and the ability to lead in conjunction with the Trustees
- Strong experience organising and managing events and programmes
- A track record of successful fundraising, managing service level agreements and contracts with grant providers
- Evidence of promoting successful outcomes to beneficiaries and partners, and growing an organisation’s external profile
- Management experience, preferably in the voluntary sector with experience of writing and delivering business plans and strategies.
- Experience managing and improving communication, including websites and social media
- Experience of managing remote staff, working with and recruiting volunteers, and a commitment to equality, diversity and social inclusion.
Whilst experience in either the sports / physical activity or disability / VI sectors is desirable, we are very open to candidates with transferable skills and experience. However you must have a keen interest in sport.
This role offers a unique opportunity to shape grassroots community sport and physical activity. We are a small charity with ambition, and the role suits someone who is hands on and happy to be involved in the day to day running of the charity.
The location is a combination of home working and office based, at the Thomas Pocklington Trust (TPT) hub in Queens Square – expected to be half the time in the office.
Read the job description for the role below
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a short covering note to: email@example.com
If you have any questions about the role, please send these by email to the same email address and we will reply as soon as possible.
We require all applicants to have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications in 23 August.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Metro Blind Sport website: https://www.pocklington-trust.org.uk/about-us/our-people/careers/metro-blind-sport-chief-executive-officer/