Eye Clinic Liaison Officer
Closing date: Monday 04 July 2022
Location: Surrey - Covering Frimley Park, Royal Surrey Hospitals
Hours: 36 hours per week, Full time / Part-time: (days to be negotiated)
Salary: £21,000 per annum pro rata
Interview date: TBC
Sight for Surrey is looking for someone to join our existing Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) team in the new Charity Services Department. As an ECLO/Sight Care Advisor you will provide people who have been diagnosed with sight loss with the practical and emotional support they need.
When people are diagnosed with sight loss, it can be an emotional, traumatic and challenging time in their life. In this role, based at the eye clinics within the NHS across Surrey (various locations) – you will use your knowledge and skills to the full as you provide people with the practical and emotional support they need. Offering individually-tailored advice, you will support them to adjust to their change in circumstances and provide signposting and onward referral/access to other services they require.
Sight for Surrey deliver services in the county such as rehabilitation, reablement, employment support, community outreach and independent living advice.
The role of Eye Clinic Liaison Officer will involve you providing impartial information, guidance and advocacy to blind and partially sighted people, their families and carers as well as:
- Providing initial emotional support as needed
- Carrying out needs led assessment and offering individually-tailored advice
- Bridging the gap between hospital and community-based services
- Working closely with relevant hospital staff to establish robust referral processes to services
- Working closely with medical professionals, statutory bodies and local service providers
- Maintaining strong links with appropriate eye clinics or low vision services.
To succeed as Eye Clinic Liaison Officer you should have
- A good understanding of the Health and Social Care Sector
- Experience of assessing individual needs
- Positive networking, presentation and partnership-building skills
- Personal initiative and the ability to prioritise own workload and be self sufficient
- IT literacy and competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
A Disclosure and Barring Service will be required which we can arrange. Training can be provided. In view of our Social Care activities, our aim is to have a fully vaccinated workforce, and we encourage and support our workers to protect themselves with available vaccinations.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight for Surrey website: https://www.sightforsurrey.org.uk