Closing date: Friday 26 January 2024
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £12.53 per hour
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 5 February 2024
We are looking for a motivated individual who is eager to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. This individual will show boundless energy and enthusiasm for the Charity and all that it has to offer.
The Engagement Officer will welcome all visitors to our centre, acting in a friendly, polite manner to ensure a positive experience is enjoyed by all.
The Engagement Officer will have an understanding of the needs of people with sight loss and will respond to all enquiries in a professional manner.
The role includes developing relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders such as staff, members, volunteers, trustees and community groups, working within the team to identify opportunities and ways of engaging people with sight loss in a whole range of communities.
- To engage with current members with a proactive awareness of the circumstances and needs of the people we support, with a willingness to provide support as needed in line with our Charity’s aims and capabilities.
- To work within the team to identify, plan coordinate and participate in events to promote the Charity and engage new members.
- To support the development of the service bringing relevant, current and fresh ideas to the team to enrich experiences for all members.
- To offer information, advice and guidance and provide user information about specialist equipment.
- To promote the organisation and services in a positive manner
- To effectively and efficiently deal with correspondence, telephone calls and record keeping.
- Improve skills and knowledge by participating in personal development, attending appropriate training courses and attending regular supervision as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information regarding members and their needs.
- Work in accordance with organisational policies with emphasis on adhering to Safeguarding procedures, Health and Safety policy including risk assessment and risk management practices and GDPR.
- Be committed to the organisations environmental standards to minimise damage to the environment and work towards achieving good sustainable practices.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of sight loss.
- Knowledge of aids, equipment and technology available to support independent living.
- The right candidate will have good communication skills, written and verbal, have IT skills, including Word, Excel, Publisher, OneDrive and Outlook.
- You should be able to work effectively under guidance and on your own initiative.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
This role is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
To apply, please email Faye Herbert or call 01422 352383 to request an application form.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Halifax Society for the Blind website: https://www.halifaxblindsociety.org.uk/