Customer Service Representative
Closing date: Wednesday 08 November 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £21,787 to £22,788 per annum
Who we are
We support clients through production of accessible formats from original materials in line with customer requirements and departmental policies and procedures.
What we want you to be responsible and accountable for
- Receive and reconcile deliveries to site, ensuring that all items are accurately recorded.
- Liaise regularly with customers and other staff members to ensure their requirements are being met and respond to any communications promptly.
- Actively maintain customer relationships and follow-up sales quotations to maximise conversion to orders.
- Process customer orders using order processing systems and produce customer reports promptly and accurately as per customer Service Level Agreements
- Maintain client databases to ensure customer communications are tracked and data is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Ensure all non-conformities, complaints and incidents are logged and investigated fully and that customer responses are appropriate.
- Carry out quality and control checks by customer to meet contractually agreed standards and reporting requirements e.g. reconciliation.
- Prepare and produce management information reports and statistics, as and when required.
- Assist with stock management and research competitive prices for goods and services.
- Raise electronic purchase orders in the accounting system and after approval, promptly place orders with suppliers to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained for continuity of production.
- Ensure customer contract work is accurately recorded, priced, and invoiced, including preparation of supporting data for customer invoicing.
- Ensure payments for other services e.g. book sales, are processed via other payment systems e.g. Streamline.
- Administer the petty cash ensuring sufficient float is available for operational purposes and that it is kept secure at all times.
- Actively manage aged debt through proactive credit control utilising sales trading and aged debtor reports.
- Assist in updating department procedures and process maps as required.
- Support management in training new staff.
- Carry out administrative duties: e.g. emailing, logging and distributing Scottish Braille Press mail, maintaining filing systems, securely disposing of documents as per retention periods.
We’re one of Scotland’s oldest charities – for more than two centuries, we’ve been supporting and empowering people with sight loss to live fulfilling lives. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved in the past – but we have our sights set firmly on the future.
We’re determined that no-one should face sight loss alone. We’re committed to improving, diversifying and growing our services to make sure we can reach many more people with sight loss – when and where they need us.
For further information about this vacancy and details of how to apply, please visit the Sight Scotland website: https://sightscotland.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3296210?cid=1974&t=Customer-Service-Representative