VI Insight Hub: Call for action
BRAVO VICTOR has recently been awarded a sector partnership grant to develop and run a VI Insight Hub.
The VI Insight Hub will be a virtual platform, the first one of its kind for the sight loss sector.
Soon there will be a website launched as www.vihub.org (not live yet). The contact email for the VI Insight Hub is email@example.com
Purpose of the hub
To create a central hub collating insights, evidence, and statistics about the lives of people living with blindness and partial sight – a single trusted source of truth for the whole sector (and beyond) to use with the intention to:
- Inform and stimulate research, policy development, improved service delivery, fundraising opportunities, and journalistic enquiry, and that is free to use at the point of access.
- Share knowledge, evidence, and statistics about the lives people living with of blindness and partial sight.
- Provide a single, trusted source of truth for the whole sector and beyond.
- Provide centralised, rich streams of insight and data across the sector.
- Work as a community of interest to generate and share ideas, innovations, and best practice.
To support individuals and groups with digestible, verified and reliable information and evidence.
We will be launching the hub in late spring. However, before this can happen, we are gathering information about the lives of people living with blindness and visual impairment.
The initial topic to be worked on for the launch the VI Insight Hub with is employment as it impacts and effects the lives of this cohort.
Call for action
Are you able to share any information, evidence, research and/or insights which your organisation may have on this topic?
If you can, please provide the information in any format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 February 2023, 12:00 (midday).
Please share this information with any institution/s or individual/s which you think may be interested and/or can contribute.
If you have any questions you can reach the hub manager, Dr Beverley Duguid via email at email@example.com